Hypnotherapy – Healing process re-invented
Hypnotherapy is guided hypnosis, or a trance-like state of focus and concentration achieved with the help of a clinical hypnotherapist. Also referred to as psychoneuroimmunology (PNI), psychoendoneuroimmunology (PENI) or psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology (PNEI), and is the study of the interaction between psychological processes and the nervous and immune systems of the human body
Inflammation is caused by physical and psychological stressors. There are 3 types of stressors as listed below.
- Acute laboratory stressors (e.g. a speech task)
- Short-term naturalistic stressors (e.g. medical examinations)
- Long-term naturalistic stressors (e.g. divorce, bereavement, caregiving, unemployment).
Stress then causes the below chain reaction:
- Stress creates a certain level shock in the mind
- The brain then send distress signal down the nervous system
- It will trigger the endocrine system to increase the release of adrenaline and cortisol
- Due to this our immune levels are lowered