Moringa – Immune Booster
Scientific research confirms that these leaves are a powerhouse of nutritional value. Gram for gram, Moringa leaves contain:
- SEVEN times the vitamin C in oranges,
- FOUR times the Calcium in milk,
- FOUR times the vitamin A in carrots,
- TWO times the protein in milk and
- THREE times the Potassium in bananas.
You could take the capsules, mix the powder form to any juice or just cook the Moringa leaves.
Cancer research on moringa tree has involved cancer prevention and treatment:
- A 2006 study published in the Journal of Experimental Therapeutics and Oncology reported that a molecule found in Moringa killed ovarian cancer cells cultivated in a lab.
- A 2013 study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine examined the effects of Moringa leaf extract on lung cancer cells cultivated in a lab. Researchers found the extract caused oxidative stress and DNA damage that killed the lung cancer cells.
- A 2014 study published in PLoS One also looked at the effects of Moringa leaf extract on lung cancer cells cultivated in a lab. This study found Moringa limited tumor growth and caused lung cancer cells to die.
- A 2015 review published in International Journal of Molecular Sciences reported on several studies that found Moringa had anti-cancer effects on lab-cultivated cancer cells including pancreatic cancer cells, liver cancer cells, colon cancer cells and leukemia cells.
- A 2017 study published in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention found an extract from Moringa leaves tested on several cancers in a lab reduced cancer cell growth and promoted cell death.